Whether you are a first time bread maker or already making bread and want to improve your skills, this will be a great class to take. This is a two day class with a short homework in between. On the first day we will start by making our dough and learn about different flours and flavors and how to take care of our starter. On the second day we will make bread flowers and leaves then bake our sourdough bread, we will also learn how to transform part of our sourdough into cheesy and seeded flatbreads.
Day1: Saturday, January 30th at 10am PST
Day 2: Sunday, January 31st at 10am PST
Duration: 60 minute each session
Prep for the class: You must have an active sourdough starter to participate (400g), however, I do have a Tutorial that I will share on how to make your own sourdough starter from begining.
What you need:
- Sourdough starter (400 g)
- All purpose unbleached flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Rye flour (optional)
- Bread flour
- Olive oil
- Active dry yeast (I like the gold red star)
- Scale that measures in grams
- Large bowl
- Bench scraper
- 2 proofing baskets or 2 medium size bowls
- Parchment paper
- Cast iron pot with a top (like le creuset) or bread challenger or pizza stone
* This class may be recorded. By joining this class, you agree to be recorded if your audio or video is turned on.