How to Make a Naked Drip Cake - Basics for Beginners with Rosie's Dessert Spot (Video Tutorial: 15 mins)
Join me, as I walk you through the basics on how to level, tort, fill and frost a naked cake, how to create a white chocolate ganache drip, and an easy method on how to apply fresh flowers onto your cakes. This Tutorial is directed at beginner level cake decorators.
What You'll Do:
This tutorial is made up of 5 modules. These are as follows:
- Module 1: Learn how to level the top off your cakes and create straight, even cuts. In this module, you will also learn how to tort your cakes, which is just a fancy way of saying how to cut your cakes in half / multi layers.
- Module 2: This is where all the action is- learn how to fill your cakes with buttercream using an off-set spatula. This is where we create flat, even buttercream surface to stack our cake layers onto. You will also learn how to create the iconic naked cake look in this video.
- Module 3: Here we create a white chocolate ganache drip together. I will also walk you through colouring your white chocolate ganache drip.
- Module 4: Here I will demonstrate my personal favourite way to apply a chocolate drip to your cakes.
- Module 5: Fresh flowers should ideally be prepared in such a way that they do not make contact with the cake, or contact is minimized. Here i share my preferred method to use when applying fresh flowers directly to the top of a cake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Five Video Modules (sent via email upon purchase)
- PDF Recipes (sent via email upon purchase) Includes recipes for Dark Chocolate Ganache and Buttercream.
What You'll Need:
Food Items Checklist:
- Buttercream Frosting (1kg worth)
- Two baked cakes
- White chocolate buttons (300 grams)
- Heavy cream (150 grams)