Fondant Butterfly and Rosette Cake LIVE Masterclass with Rosie’s Dessert Spot (Coming Back Soon)
This class is hosted online. Once you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join. Anyone with the ingredients can participate from their own kitchen.
In this masterclass, we will learn how to create a beautiful, marbled fondant effect and create realistic looking fondant butterflies. You will also learn how to create beautiful smooth edges on your cake, how to create pretty rosettes using a 1M piping tip and how to create a pearl border using buttercream.
Food Items Checklist:
- Two 5 inch round cakes
- 1 batch of buttercream frosting (here is a great recipe I like to use this one.(Please do not replace butter with margarine, unsalted butter works best for this project)
- Fondant (3 colours of your choice)
- Gel food colour of your choice (I will be using mint green)
- Sprinkles of your choice, edible pearls of your choice
- 8 inch round cake board
- Serrated knife
- Non slip mat
- Metal spatula
- Frosting scraper
- Piping bag x2
- #1M piping tip
- #4 round piping tip
- Rolling pin
- Butterfly plunger cutters (a small sized cookie cutter will work too, not too big)
- Baking paper
- A milkboard cake box / cardboard that you can fold
- We will also be making use of our ovens, for about an hour or so.