Fall for Autumn Cupcakes LIVE Masterclass with Nina @ Sophia Mya Cupcakes
This class is hosted online. Once you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join. Anyone with the ingredients can participate from their own kitchen.
We’ll whip up this eggless condensed milk buttercream in just 10 minutes and learn how to pipe beautiful floral cupcakes in deep autumn tones such as plum and navy. This class is suitable for people with some experience piping, not a complete beginner.
However, complete beginners have taken my classes with success. Practice makes
Your cupcakes will never be the same again!
Food Items Checklist:
- 12 Mini cupcakes (what I use) or standard is fine. Wilton mini baking cups are a great size
- Unsalted butter
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla bean paste or flavoring of your choice
- Americolor food gels in Violet, Navy, Super Red (or Red Red), Green, Yellow, Sky blue. Can sub for Chefmaster brand, they have the same names.
- Sprinkles of your choice to match the colors. Non-pareils are great or jimmies. I recommend lilac, powder blue or gold (optional)
- Edible gold dust or edible art paint in pure gold to paint buttercream (optional)
- Rose spirit or high grade vodka to paint buttermcream (optional)
- Wilton piping tips 125, 102, 104, 18,1M, 366, 81
- Piping bags x 8 (scissors to cut bags) or you can use reusable bags if you have them already
- Toothpicks to color buttercream
- Stand or hand mixer
- Silicone spatula
- Small bowls to mix colors
- Dinner spoons for mixing buttercream
- Angled spatula
- Baking/parchment paper cut into squares
- Small tray/plate to for piped flowers/leaves to dry
- Flower nail
- Fine detail brush size 0 to paint gold (optional)