This recipe is for a simple green chutney that can go with a variety of dishes included our Signature Tandoori Roast, Vegetable Semiya and Lemon Vermicelli.
This recipe makes 1 cup of green chutney.
What you need:
- 1 bunch (about 2-3oz) of fresh cilantro or mint or a combination of both
- 2 inch of pealed ginger
- 4-5 cloves of pealed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (or lime juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
Optional for spicy chutney:
- 2-3 green Thai chilies or 1 green serano
- Roughly chop the ginger, green chilies, cilantro and mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor
- Add in 1/4 cup of water
- Blend until smooth adding more water to create a loose paste
- Add salt to taste.
Now, next time you have a bunch of fresh herbs on hand make a batch and store in your fridge for a week or your freezer for a couple months!